Thursday, September 01, 2005

Almost Labor Day....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My last Wednesday off the day before yesterday - and it was finally a *whole* day off; no meetings, no coming in after 7 to fix computers, no behaving responsibly - just fun, fun, fun at the mall.

Oh yeah, I went mall hopping. Great fun was had. Given the torrential rains we had yesterday (and last night) spending my last day off in the middle of the week at the mall was a great choice. Afterwards, we stopped by the teapot in Northampton for sushi and tempura (mmmmmmm.....unagi....). And I picked up the first volume of the soundtrack to Hellsing - love, love, love the bluesy-rock riffs.

Then last night we had another theater meeting. Big, big - and really, really good - changes!! The group is leaving our current non-profit umbrella group and moving over to an arts group. Plus, we're putting on the Vagina Monologues next February as a benefit for the Womens' Crisis Center and a couple of other groups. So, since I agreed to direct, I am on the lookout for an assistant - or at least a really good stage manager..... We've also got our season planned out. We'll be doing some small, eclectic things: a reprise of "Under MilkWood" (LOVE THAT ONE!! I CAN'T WAIT TO DO MY PARTS AGAIN!) and "Spoon River Anthology" (I didn't take any parts, just did the singing for that one with Ezra and his guitar); we're finally going to take on Our Town; we're considering doing Judevine (don't know about that, though....).

Once we leave to go with the new group we need to raise some funds right away, so we're thinking of doing some movies or perhaps sponsor a comedy night. I suggested a Christopher Guest film festival and then we all went wild thinking about a large-screen showing of "Waiting for Guffman" (finally, we take the fun out of our living rooms), while I dream of "Spinal Tap".

A new girl just moved into the area and she is a *perfect* fit for my D&D group! She's fun, very funky (even has specs similar to mine - not a look just anyone can cultivate), and has played D&D for years. Although, she also thinks Allegra is the little sister she never had.

What I'm Reading: (now that I've finished that overblown, asinine piece of crap "The Traveler") Big Fish by Daniel Wallace; I'm loving the book more than I loved the movie.

What I'm Watching: The 10th Kingdom (again)

What I'm Listening to: World Without Logos (opening song to Hellsing - enjoy the MP3 - I've got the whole CD)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home