Saturday, September 03, 2005

Video killed the radio

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I started training for the local radio station this morning; nothing like a crash course in sound engineering before a cup of coffee. Actually, the set-up is wonderful, most of it is set to run automatically - the more it is left alone, the better it will run. I can live with that. I'm training so that I can do the Falls Book Nook - basically I'll be presenting an hour-long reading from a juvenile/young adult book of my choice (think Camel's Hump Radio). I'm excited, this should be a lot of fun for me. Now to get those broadcast permissions......

In the meantime, I've located a bit of funny at Adventurers - the art isn't fabulous, but the content is solid enough. Makes fun of gamers, rpgers, D&Ders, LARPers, fanboys/girls.....who would've though those were groups that could be poked fun at?

"Being an Evil Overlord seems to be a good career choice. It pays well, there are all sorts of perks and you can set your own hours. However every Evil Overlord I've read about in books or seen in movies invariably gets overthrown and destroyed in the end. I've noticed that no matter whether they are barbarian lords, deranged wizards, mad scientists or alien invaders, they always seem to make the same basic mistakes every single time. With that in mind, allow me to present..."



What I'm reading: Feakonomics - Now it's no secret that math and I aren't always on speaking terms, so when I first saw this interesting little tome I decided that now wasn't the time, and off I went leaving Freak on the shelf. But, that interesting little title and sub-heading of "A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything" kept tugging at my attention span. So I picked it up and WHOA! this book is really, really cool - this isn't to say that I agree with him on all of his insights, but - as a free-thinker - I like following his logic. I think it's a rather interesting approach to the world.

The Cottonmouth Club - a fun, end-of-summer juvenile read

What I'm watching: Mr. Show -
When a television show has an episode entitled "If You're Going to Write a Comedy Scene, You're Going To Have Rat Feces in There," you know you're in for some off-beat humor.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home