Wednesday, March 08, 2006

yup


Looks like the blog issues worked out - I sent them a note and they rebooted the parts that were giving me a hard time. So all is good again! Thanks, blogger!

In local news town meeting came and went (the library budget passed - yay!), voting came and went and you can read all about it here. A young teen that helped out at this year's town meeting sports event made quite an interesting comment to me last night. She found it amazing that adults can treat each other and talk to each other like that at all - if someone did that in her school they would be in immediate trouble. One wonders what is going on in other peoples' heads.

I don't know how this happened, but yesterday I kept coming up on funny cat stuff on the net. Like this one that I'm sticking here because I intend to show it to all sorts of peoples for fun and amusement (I love cats, yes, it's true - and my own felines have actually done a number of these things...except for thinking the wall is a shelf, that hasn't happened. Although I do have one cat whose sight is a bit off and has a tendency to walk/run into doorframes; it's not quite off enough that she misses the door entirely, just enough that she kind of grazes the side. And one of our cats did manage to take a swim in the fish tank, but that's because when we had fish they would drink from the top of the filter - we couldn't stop it - like their own fish-flavored-fountain.)

And then I happened upon this adorable selfish cat.

Noooo, not the bunnies, too! Those 30-second bunnies take on Brokeback Mountain and King Kong.

Have you heard about the cow abductions?

The 7 Deadly (Gummy bear) sins.

I have been on the internet since the good ole bulletin board days, so this bit on "how many forum users does it take to change a light bulb" has quite a bit of meaning. If you've participated in any sort of forum you might recognize a number of these truths.

And this real life Simpson's intro is just adorable.

What I'm Reading: Honestly, not much - I've got too much writing to do. And the things I have been reading are because of the new shelves. See, as I move stuff around I'm running across books that are prime candidates for discards, but sometimes there are questions. So, I check and see how long it's been since it has circulated. Then I see if it won awards or had really great reviews. Then I evaluate it for it's timeliness - is it a universal theme that is unchanging or is it so centered in the 70s or 80s that it's really inaccessible to the average reader of its intended age group. Then, sometimes there are still questions, so I go ahead and read the book. Occassionally I'll decide it is a keeper and I just need to replace it for a new paperback version - basically a more attractive version that will entice kids to check it out, or sometimes it just needs to be tossed. So, I've been reading through some of those "questionable" discards this week. They've all turned out to be completely discardable.

What I'm watching: Well, the latest Harry Potter came out on DVD yesterday, so there is that. Otherwise, no time to read, no time to watch.

Oh wait! I did see one anime that was just bizarre and hilarious: Kodocha. Caitlyn brough it in and we watched it subtitled, which was hilarious and I suspected the translation a bit off, but still just really funny. Then Caitlyn let me borrow it to see the rest and with Allegra we watched it dubbed, and it turned out that the dub was completely different from the subbed. All the really funny subtitles were not there and instead the characters were saying more what I thought the translation was supposed to be. Anyway, if you watch this one, I recommend the subbed version.

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

If you haven't seen it Pretear is really good. you should watch it.

You did read some really good fruits basket I believe...As did I

11:26 AM  
Blogger Myles said...

hahahahaha, the cats were great. I've seen much of that myself.

I've seen that light bulb and the simpsons intro on genmay, they're both great.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home