Saturday, April 01, 2006

Best. Prank. Ever.

I kid you not! There is an April Fool's Day newspaper floating about town called the "B eFfluent Times" that parodies life in this area that you must check out. It's being given out for free all over the place.

The laughing! My god, the laughing!!! Ali and I were downtown today to run some errands and go out to lunch together and this little paper was everywhere and everyone was talking about it.

Go get a copy!

Edit: Upon a closer re-reading I realize that I am referenced in this fun little paper at least once (ack! In the singles section, no less). Along with a few other people I think you'll recognize, and the library, and the local government, and some businesses, and, well, pretty much most of the "public figures" in this area. There's even a blog, albeit there isn't much going on there yet I suspect they're keeping watch on developments. Anyway, I love, love, love their paragraph disclaimer kind of thing going on here and their one comment back is hilarious (especially because I know who was doing that complaining!!!!), check it all out here: The B eFfluent Times They could do so much more online stuff, but it's probably smart that they don't.

And get one of those papers!!! I think they've got some still at Video 20/20 or Athens. We went out to Oona's for dinner tonight and I heard that most of the places where they were dropped off in the middle of the night were running out of them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Yeah...The Sophian, our newspaper had an April Fools issue...I got it this morning when checking my mail. It confused me, and kindof fooled me until I saw the heading where the date was "April Fool's." The front page news items were a study which showed that people are getting laid more often because of the Facebook and that the Smith Greenhouses were growing pot.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Excellent! That sounds hilarious!

This local paper had a lot of other stuff in it - it was like someone (or group of "someones") just collected a few newspapers at random over the past few weeks and went after the hot topics (there were a few older subjects in it that I didn't get). Because that was what was parodied - the VY uprate, the library (apparently we're hosting a book group on the 7 deadly sins and the final program will be in hell), the schools (I caught a reference to a certain middle school band teacher who is not mean enough in the author's opinion), Main Street Arts (who has been in the papers a lot recently for the latest G&S), teens, various selectboard members, the dam fight, security camerias, and just all sorts of stuff.

Everyone was still talking about it today.

Just gut-bustingly funny.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Speaking of Hell, a friend of mine has a proff. who drives her nuts and the teacher's last name is Devilliers, or something, so my friend gets a kick out of the fact that part of her e-mail address besides her first enitial is "devil"!!!!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home