Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Entertainment Value

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Inspired by Katie's remark about her dorm being entertained by my blog, I'm presenting a blog pretty much solely based on the idea that I, too, like being entertained and am willing to share those links of fun. Or something like that.

By the way, the Spirited Away books came in late Monday morning. ARGH!!! And yes, Myles, you should watch Spirited Away.

Firstly, I love this little rant-on-a-soapbox because I can relate to it so much.

I also love pranks, not those stupid little Punk'd pranks, I mean real pranks. Here's my favorite:

The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest
In 1957 the respected BBC news show Panorama announced that thanks to a very mild winter and the virtual elimination of the dreaded spaghetti weevil, Swiss farmers were enjoying a bumper spaghetti crop. It accompanied this announcement with footage of Swiss peasants pulling strands of spaghetti down from trees. Huge numbers of viewers were taken in, and many called up wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti trees. To this question, the BBC diplomatically replied that they should "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best." Check out the actual broadcast archived on the BBC's website (You need the RealVideo player installed to see it, and it usually loads very slowly).

I find this list to be the most fun when you have one person reading it out loud to a group of people.

Oh, and since I have the attention span of a 12 year old kid on AOL I'm also reading MAD magazine right now and I just saw an ad for the figurines for The Corpse Bride and am thinking that I need to get the Johnny Depp character to go with Willy Wonka for my computer shrine. Hmmmmm, that may require a mall trip. The magazine, by the way, is hilarious and has a spoof Trading Spouses between The Simpsons and The Family Guy.

I don't know how many of you have bothered to learn the rules of the robot game that lives among the other puzzle games on my desk, but this game operates by the same rules.

How to tell when a relationship is over.

I don't actually know what I think of this one.....part of me really wants to think it's funny. Hmmm....Dance, Paul, dance.

I agree, the covers of supermarket paperback romances are ridiculous and just begging to be re-written.

I feel really lucky that I have a job that feels more like play than work. Really lucky...because lots of other people don't.

Apparently our government can be a bit ambiguous?

Ever wonder what was going on in Aragorn's head during the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Well, here on the internet is Aragorn's secret diary. I should point out that this is the main page of secret diaries and the others are just as amusing.

I hope you've enjoyed this pointless little post as much as I have. I now leave you with this - get out there and play some whiffle ball damnit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

thanks for keeping us all amused, it makes the end of my day so much brighter!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Myles said...

Ha, yeah. We need to buy a new bat. Our last one broke and more ducktape isnt going to fix it this time.
I'm playing that roadblock game and I'm stuck at level 14. :(

5:49 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I was too! I was utterly convinced that the programmers were slackers that just couldn't do a job completely enough to actually finish past level 14. But then I looked it up: ((stop reading unless you want the answer))


Bottom:
U R U L D R D L U R D L U L

Top (STARTING FROM WHERE THE BALL STOPS):
U R D R U L U R D R U

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home