Friday, September 23, 2005

It's all good

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And see, she's demonstrating the proper way to hold a picture book at preschool storytime.

Cows with guns...in some bizarre alternate reality, sure, why not? (It might take a few moments to load - it's worth it). And while I'm at it, here is The Meatrix

I'm assuming that I hit too many animal choices on my Stumble preferences because I keep getting things like Absolutely Hilarious Cats. Which I have played at my desk quite a lot lately to the general laughter of everyone standing around.

I was in Berlin yesterday at the Midstate Library helping out with the planning of next year's state summer reading program, which is fantasy (YAYAYAY!!!!), the title is: Realms of Reading. And the whole YA section of the program is really cool. I'll have to explain in greater detail when I wake up and have my complete wits about me. Needless to say, I kept bringing up gaming as an excellent component of the program. I think I'm going to talk to some of the D&D'ers about getting a day off from school to host a librarian how-to-play D&D session at my library and just invite other librarians that want to learn to come on down and try it out.

Anyway, it looks like my trips to Berlin are over for now. So, I'm free to focus on the Literacy Fair (Saturday!!) and the fact that the books haven't come in yet. However, I didn't check the mail upstairs to see if they might have arrived yesterday while I was gone, and well, there's always today for them to show up (fingers crossed!!).

Had a theater company meeting last night - we are officially going under RAMP in the near future. Happydancehappydance All is looking really good - really busy, but good. We're going to be putting on a Halloween "Haunted House" at Rivermist B&B on Friday, October 28th, so since there won't be any D&D that night I'm hoping that I can get some of the players willing to get up in a costume and come help out as ushers, serving food, providing atmosphere, and learning some spooky stories to share.

Just for fun: Australia gets drunk and wakes up in the North Atlantic.

What I'm Reading: Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories It's not actually any of his stories, instead it's a collection of stories that he chose - most written before 1930 - it's interesting to see what is going on in them for horror and their use of language. Definitely atmospheric and somewhat disturbing it's a fun horror read.

What I WILL be watching: Because The Corpse Bride opens this weekend!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

i loved "australia gets drunk and wakes up in the North Atlantic" highly recommended!!!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Yes...I agree...quite entertaining.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home