Monday, October 31, 2005

trick or treat, smell my feet...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
All this discussion of Fruits Basket this weekened, in my off time while not reading Son of a Witch, inspired a watching of the first 3 volumes of Fruits Basket with Allegra. I just love this series...and, personally, I'm on the Kyo side of the whole Yuki/Torhu/Kyo thing. But it's ok....I'm quite comfortable with the rest of you Yuki fans being just wrong. ;-P

Yay, Monday!!

Happy Halloween!!

I had a very nice, relaxing weekend - a nice change. So, now I'm in my costume again for a fun day of Halloween-ness. Although, I'm wearing the contacts again (it's rather pointless to make the effort of wearing all the makeup when I wear the glasses on top of it), and my eyes are feeling itchy - so I might put the glasses on in a while. But I pulled out the big wool, swooshy cape and will be wearing that today as well. I love the cape! Mary also enjoyed the cape, on Friday night at the library while we were waiting for everyone to arrive so that we could leave for the Halloween thing at RiverMist, she had it on and was swishing about the library.

So, now linkies of Halloween goodness:

First, an old favorite: XOMBIE, the animated series.

I absolutely loved H.P. Lovecraft as a teenager. I made it a point, along with the other black-clad malcontents to seek out all of his works, no matter how obscure, and enjoy the fact that very few others "got it". Here is a little game I found based on the "De-animator".

Prefer something a little lighter? Garfield's Scary Scavenger Hunt is perfect.

This little thing for Scary Monsters Mag is so....very.....cute!!! I mean, it's adorable, and the song that goes with it is just so cute!! There's even a "Sam Scare"!

Seven days....

And for giggles, here is a copy of the story that I performed at the Halloween thing on Friday. I adapted it, which is to say, that I made the language accessible to a modern-day audience. I also schmoobled with the pacing a bit, and well, made the story my own. (Hmm, perhaps I should post my adaptation), nah, effort involved that I don't feel like making. So, enjoy The Ghost of a Hand, the actual narrative.

Too much scary? How about a game of Where's Waldo?

Of course, now I need to go to work...I'm afraid this post will require a part two later today as this is just too much fun.

I'm also thinking of putting together a BF blog-ring...seeing as how many other kids have blogs now (hah! Sneaking writing into their fun!!), probably nothing more elaborate than putting their links on my page. Anyway, things to ponder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

WARNING, SPOILER- GO SEE WHERE'S WALDO B4 READING

sam, you scared the crap out of me! i had a sneaking suspicion that would happen, even thought of it while i was looking. and then i got disctracted by the fact that i found his dog and the thing popped up and i jumped a foot. that wasn't very nice!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

*grin*

Happy Halloween!!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home