Saturday, November 12, 2005

stuff about stuff with some more stuff


I have had the headache to end all headaches the past few days. I've never had a migraine before, but I've never had a headache quite like this before - I'm kind of thinking that is what it might be.

Can you believe my vacation is over? Just about. I go back to work in two days. It's pretty good, I was kind of getting bored of all that sleeping in, reading, going out for latte, knitting, watching movies, writing, cooking, and generally slacking off in all regards. *heavy sigh*

I found what looked like an interesting self-help article on procrastination. I figure I'll put it here that way I'll remember to read it later.

I've got my performances of Under Milk Wood today and I'm rather excited! My voice is mostly back completely, and only cracks occasionally, which isn't bad considering how it sounded at the beginning of the week.

OMG - the 12 worst cosplay of all time. And they even followed the list with "Lightning bolt! Lightning Bolt!" How perfect.

This cute little game about viking monsters invading England has a cute little toon intro and is fun, although the monsters always get through on my watch.

Mini-rant: Pseudoscience. The kind of science and claims that should be setting off bullshit alarms everywhere. Instead, it seems like, the good herds we are, people don't question them near enough to protect their own best interests from these scams. Case in point: Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About; this book, the title, the way it's been marketed, the reviews, everything should warn people that this guy is a total fraud. Consumer safety and consumer interest groups around the country have unveiled this book for what it is: a ploy to get more money from gullible consumers who feel that the drug and medical industry is suspect (I have a healthy skepticism for the medical profession as well, just not going to the point of hurting myself). So, in keeping this rant short instead I'll share a pretty good list of signs that something should be scrutinized very closely before being accepted as fact: signs of pseudoscience. Oh, what the hell a second list of signs of bogus science with an even longer, better list.

Serious or not?

The Complete Lovecraft search engine - yes *punch air*!!

The English to 12-year-old-AOLer translater. For hilarious results translate one gorgeous, concise Jane Austen paragraph into 12-year-old-AOLer.

We do stuff. This site is hilarious - read carefully through this one.

I've decided that levitation would be a cool trick for me to pull off at my desk.

What do I find so funny about this? I used to sing along too.....

What I'm Watching: I have now finished the entire available animated series to Fruits Basket. *sniff* we're watching the last one on Monday and I think I'll have some hot chocolate made up for when we finish the last.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Hi Sam...my dad scanned in the picture of you in the paper and e-mailed it to me!! Good luck!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Me said...

you dont say that l;eah its BREAK A LEG

7:13 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

sam-wicked ticket info? is it still available, and if so how much money? and when could my mom drop it off at the library? and what about car pooling? are there any open spots or do i need to figure out my own? please let me know! (lwickber@middlebury.edu)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

My apologies...I'm out of the theater loop at the moment.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home