Friday, December 09, 2005

hop around

(Note: this post best viewed in Firefox - if you haven't switched over yet and dumped that problematic, technical resource whore known as Internet Explorer, get on the ball already!)

It's that phrase: Jump for Joy. I've seen it bantered about lately, and the thought that it's such an unusual image crossed my mind. I can't say I've ever actually "jumped" for joy. I have certainly shouted for joy, have most definitely sung for joy, and when no one was looking, danced. So, I decided to poke around and see if there was jumping going on everywhere while I wasn't looking. (Plus, I'm getting quite curious about just how far I can push my photobucket bandwidth limit)

First, there's your average jumper. I don't think it's joyful, but there certainly is a lot of it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then the obvious jumpers come to mind. (Ok, this guy is a bit creepy)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The suggestive anime jumping - or not, as the case may be.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do you think Mr. T jumps?

We all know that kitties jump; sometimes with more success then others.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Silly, Elvis, that's not jumping!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know it's called jumping, but I think that, really, it is falling.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Well, you know what they say: It's all over when the buzzard makes the broad jump.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, Allegra predicted correctly (which so far puts her at 1 right out of hundreds of wrongs) and school was closed today. Lucky me. My headache is still here - baaaaaad headache. I would say that I have slept most of the time between coming home at 4 on Wednesday (I skipped the holiday party I was going to because of this headache) up until this morning, when part of me is hoping that Devik closes the library so I can go back to bed. Actually, it is better - it's just constant.

The happy sadness that is Wicked comes up on Saturday. While on the one hand I'm really jazzed about going and FINALLY getting to see it (out of curiousity I was perusing through future tour dates and it appears to be nearly sold out up to next May). On the other hand, there were a few of you that also really wanted to see it, and while I'm proud that you are sticking to your educational commitments (and know the stress at this time of year), it is a bummer that you're not going. This just means that something at some other time will have to be planned (for the summer)!

What I'm reading: Oh, I haven't kept up on this, so a bit of a list.

I've re-read Beowulf. I just love that epic poem. Of course, I read Seamus Heaney's version, which, of the translations, is the best - retaining the flow and beauty of the style with the use of modern language. There's always this stupid little second when I read it that I come to the name "Eomer" and think Eomer or Rohan!!

After going through all of the Christoper Moore books I decided to follow Myles' lead and go right into Terry Pratchett. So, I just re-read Small Gods, The Bromeliad Trilogy, The Wyrd Sisters, Good Omens (couldn't help it!), Feet of Clay, The Wee Free Men, Hat Full of Sky, The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents, and Thud. Whew! I'm going to have to ILL some of the other Discworld books.

Which might make you wonder if I've picked up anything I haven't read before? Well, yeah! I read through this adorable young YA book that I expect to see on reading lists everwhere: Sleeping Freshman Never Lie. A great book; I could easily hand this to middle schoolers and feel good about it. It's funny!! While it's the kind of book that adults like me want kids to read, it treads the line even closer to "a book that kids will want to read".

What I'm Watching: I haven't really had time to watch anything. I did watch the new Felicity movie with Allegra last night (well, what I could see through squinted eyes while my head pounded...). It was pretty good. For that kind of thing anyway - that kind of thing being the American Girl corporation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home