Saturday, May 06, 2006

Partly sunny with a 30% chance of 'meh'




I'm doing ok. Not 'brilliant', 'spectacular', 'inspired', or 'horrible', just pretty good and, well, meh.

Oh yeah, happy Free Comic Book Day! Wheeee.....freebies! Oh yeah. Actually, my favorite hobby store and all-around happy random RPG elves at Toy City gave me a giant box and a half of freebie comic books. Kyle and I had a great time going through them. I need to scan some just for entertainment value. There was at least one Mr. T comic, and on the first page (after Kyle and I repeating the classic Mr. T line, "I pity the fool!") was Mr. T proclaiming: "You ARE the fool!" The comic then proceeded to kick butt, all the while wearing lots of gold-plated jewelry and inserting messages of an anti-drug and stay in school nature....and plenty more fool pitying. If you missed Free Comic Book Day today, don't fret! Stop by tomorrow, maybe your favorite comic book store will have a few more goodies to give out that they don't want to hold onto for another year.

The library has been busy, busy, busy!! We're massively short-staffed, but it's working out right now. Of course, by short-staffed I do mean the upstairs. Unfortunately, it means that if I need to be out of the library there is likely no other coverage, so there is little off time for me. As long as I don't get sick or hit by a bus, we're all good.

AnimeBoston is coming up! Wahooo! It will be fun in its own special, hyperactive, thickly-inked, big-eyed way....*twitch*.

And summer is almost here! Which means I'm in last-minute mode for summer reading program planning. It'll happen. Soon. Probably this weekend. I just need to sit down with the summer reading plan, my calendar, a computer, and email and I'll get this whole summer nailed down. Revisiting the library thing above, I guess the short-staffing has affected me a bit as I get to do the tasks that were being done upstairs by someone else who is no longer here (:::happydance:::), which means that my time for working on my stuff is a little bit shorter. Plus there's a huge grant I've been working on - doing writing and editing for the one person who is writing the whole thing.

Munchkin has taken over my D&D group. Oh yeah, that groovy little (hilarious) Steve Jackson game has become a weekly "wanna play?" I've added to our collection with "Star Munchkin" (Kill the monster, steal the treasure, stab your buddy [in space]), and today I got "Clerical Errors" which has awesome cards like: "Fowl Fiend", "Tequila Mockingbird", "The Other Ring", "Rapier Twit", "Resident Weevil", and "Big Honking Sword of Character Whupping" - among other hilarious, witty, and questionable cards. However, it doesn't end there!! When some of you early getting-back-from-school set get here - if you would still like to join the games - I have a guest DM leading for a few weeks a game called "Changeling". It's a D10 game set in an urban fantasy setting. Barney, the guest DM (also the guy that is primarily responsible for writing that grant I mentioned above, which is how I got to know him) has been describing this game to me and it sounds very, very cool. He was telling me one story of how a Changeling knight was sent on a mission to kill the monster under the bed. Basically, this game shall be awesome in a Holly Black's 'Tithe' or Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere', or a "War for the Oaks" kind of way. W00t!

I also realized I'm really, really tired lately. I can't imagine why.....
I'm sure that has nothing to do with it....

I love this video.
Turn your speakers on for this one. Yes, it's true - after seeing this technique I have used it at least once intentionally, because sometimes one just needs a little passive aggressive venting. I think Ze is a bit of a genius really; my argument: this (yes, click on the link at the beginning of this paragraph first! Sheeesh).



And that's it for me - the blog machines is going off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

That picture was funny, I liked the reference to lack of sleep...especially because i can relate to it right now with stupid drunk people outside playing basketball!!!! It's 1:45, they may have to get bitch slapped in a minute! I want to know what the hell happened to castleton's 23hour quiet hours for finals!!!!

sorry long rant.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Jess-Beast said...

OMG's that guy IS a f'in genius! That was awesome!

Oh, and I must say- the mario vedio made my day.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

I almost died.. and to think i almost went to gordon.. what am i doing here!!??

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home