Monday, December 12, 2005

Life is like a box of Kittens - wait, that's not right


Yup, Happy (bunny) Holidays.

Wicked. Well, we had the kind of seats you get when those are the only seats you can get. Which isn't to say they were horrible - there were no poles in front of us, you could see the whole stage, which was facing us, the sound was fabulous - it was just that the actors were rather small. Speaking of the actors, Amanda recognized the woman playing Nessarose as the same girl that used to play "Libby" on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Oh, irony. The show was fantastic! I mean, superb, as in: "I WILL see this again!" Allegra loved it; the show was Broadway-fied, which is to say that the less appropriate bits from the book weren't really in the show. And, well, don't expect to see the book in this musical as it took some rather, erm, creative turns. Those of you that didn't make it to the show were very much missed.

Speaking of those of you that didn't make it - I wish you the best on your finals and end of semester stuffs and hope you get to enjoy some de-stressing afterwards!!

Oh yeah, before I forget - all day D&D December 23rd - from 10 - 5, the die-hards and everyone else is invited for a day-long D&D game (since there's no game that night and no school, it is my happy compromise).

Other than that, my schedule (might) start thinning out - aaaaah, downtime *sigh*. It's not that bad, I've got a friends-dinner coming up - a couple of very close friends and I, rather than get each other stuff, plan to go out and do something together. Actually, I've got a lot of people that I do that with I guess....a couple years ago, some other friends and I went out for a birthday day, and treated ourselves to a spa and a fun day strolling in Northampton, another friend and I will just go to a movie together...anyway, yeah, this weekend, girlfriends' dinner and no stuff!

Not that many of you need or are looking for distractions - at least those of you that post comments - regardless, links of fun for everyone else (and me while I'm at my desk).

Sure, this physics teacher presents some solid background, but....well, when it comes to trying out these stunts.....you first.

Must be the Star Wars quiz that set it off, but I keep running into (ah, well, stumbling anyway) interesting quizzes. Like this one: There have been some truly horrible jobs throughout history, take this quiz and find out what awful job you're most suited for. Apparently I might have a future as a "Roman Gold Miner".

Get your cute on. (Yes, this is where I picked up the absolutely adorable picture at the top). I want a Sugarglider!!!!

Oh Great Cthulhu!

I have been an extremely industrious devotee this year.

In November, I called down the wrath of Yog-Sothoth upon [info]Santa Claus (65 points). In September, I bombed a cultist gathering (-100 points). In June, I burnt my copy of the Necronomicon (-75 points). In July, I prepared an ocean voyage to R'lyeh (200 points). In May, I stopped [info]Santa Claus from defiling Lovecraft's grave (-20 points). In April, I exposed [info]Jeremy to soul-rending horrors (250 points).

In short, I have been very good (320 points) and deserve to get hooked up with one of those cute Innsmouthers.


Your humble and obedient servant,
Sam


Submit your own plea to Cthulhu!

Name some friends or leave them blank and let me look them up myself:

It's a classic re-vamped for the holiday spirit.

When you can, go ahead and waste a kitty-filled afternoon with these cute comic strips: Hallmarks of Felinity.

What could possibly be more macho than lifting some weights in front of your webcam? How about breaking something and yelling for Momma in high-pitched voice. Yes, it's cruel. I laughed.

And why not end this post with a little random, monk on viking (or maybe mongols...) violence?

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

that d&d day is 3 days before myles turns 19 and 9 days before I do.

holy crap we're going to be old..
hope to see you there.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

yes...I've felt too grown up for months....I wish I could be like Sam...and always be a child at heart...
Wroking in the children's section of a library has got to be gooood for you.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Yes, and experiencing arrested development around 25 also helps. Kidding! Just keep playing - that's all that I do. Find something fun and have at it!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home